Online Live Dealer Roulette Casinos – How To Play Guide
Ever play live roulette online before with a dealer?
A lot of people have played some form of Roulette before, whether you’ve dropped down some chips for fun at one of the many NJ casinos that offer the game, or you started reading How To Play Roulette guide to learn the ins-and-outs of the game.
But what you may not have noticed yet is that many online casinos in New Jersey are offering live roulette for those who want to get the live-action experience of the game, but don’t want to travel to the casino to play it.
What Is Live Dealer Roulette?
Live roulette is structured to give you the experience of playing Roulette in a land-based casino, right in your own home or on your mobile device. Think of it as a virtual casino without the hustle and bustle of a regular casino. Specifically, live dealer roulette, like those found at online casinos, features a croupier (dealer) at a Roulette table with a wheel configuration dependent on the type of Roulette you choose to play between what is currently offered at NJ online casinos, which is American Roulette and Lightning Roulette.
When you choose to play live roulette at any of the online casinos listed below, you’ll be greeted by a live dealer at a real Roulette table, usually at a studio created for Live Casino Games. You bet by placing your virtual chips onto the table depending on the types of bets you want to make and then watch as the Roulette wheel spins and the ball lands in a specific numbered pocket.
How To Play Live Dealer Roulette
Best Live Roulette Casinos
With 1,500,000 WOW Coin Purchase
Over 430 Slots Games
Welcome Bonus and Daily Login Bonuses
4.5 FREE Sweepstakes Coins on Sign Up
Free Gameplay Available
With 362,000 Gold Coin Purchase
US Players Accepted
2.3 Sweepstakes Coins on Sign Up
PLUS 5,000 Gold Coins on Sign Up
Daily FREE Sweepstakes When Logging In
250 game coins
PLUS 5 Sweeps Coins on Sign Up
800+ Slots + Live Blackjack!
FREE Daily Rewards
Authentic slots, made in the USA
To Claim: Click Play Now
of Gold Coins for $10
+ 30 FREE Sweeps Coins
Most US Players Accepted
Daily Free GC and SC
2 FREE Sweeps Coins on Signup
Redeem Cash Prizes
Get Up to 57,500 Gold Coins + 27.5 FREE Sweepstakes Coins
Huge Selection of Hold & Win Games
Exclusive MCJACKPOTS on All Games
Daily FREE Coins on Log In
10 FREE SWEEPS
COINS ON SIGNUP
+ 7,777 FREE Gold Coins
US Players Accepted
Daily FREE Coins on Log In
$10 Gold Coin Offer on your first Purchase for $4.99
Chance to Win Cash Prizes
Up to $22.50 FREE
New Player Welcome Bonus
US Players Accepted
$2.50 in Premium Funzpoints at Sign Up
+ Up to $20 Free With Your First Deposit
20 free Sweeps coins
With 20,000 Lucky Coin Purchase
27,777 LC + 2 SC Total Welcome Offer!
Daily Free Lucky Coins!
Access Over 400 Exciting Games!
Most US Players Accepted
Play Hundreds of Slots & Table Games
Daily FREE SC & GC
Use Promo Code: PLAYBONUS
How To Play Live Roulette Online With A Dealer
Playing live roulette appeals to so many table game players because of its familiarity, ease of play, and of course, is easy to play online with a live dealer. While Live dealer roulette is easy to jump into and start playing (and possibly winning), we’ll dive into some strategies later on in the guide in order to give you the best chance at winning at Love Dealer Roulette. For now, we’ll go over the basics of playing
- A game of live roulette starts with the virtual players placing their bets. You can find more information about the types of live dealer roulette bets you can place later on in this guide
- The croupier, also known as the dealer, places a ball into the spinning roulette wheel
- While the ball spins in the wheel, before it lands into any of the numbered pockets on the wheel, the dealer will give the signal for no more bets as the players wait in anticipation for the ball to stop spinning
- The ball stops in one of the numbered pockets of the roulette wheel and the dealer announces the winning number and color. Those who placed winning bets on either the number or color then gets a payout according to the Roulette odds
Live Dealer Roulette Game Types
There are two types of live roulette that you can play at NJ online casinos:
- Live Dealer American Roulette
- Live Dealer Lightning Roulette
However, there may be a time where European Roulette and French Roulette become available, so we will cover those as well.
- Live Dealer American Roulette: Live Dealer American Roulette has 38 numbers on the Roulette wheel, including two green numbers: 0 and 00. Because of this extra green 00 space, it increases the house’s advantage to 5.26 percent, which is nearly double the house edge for European Roulette and French Roulette.
- Live Dealer Lightning Roulette: One of the newer and more exciting versions of Live Dealer Roulette, Lightning Roulette offers you the chance to win big with randomly-generated numbers that payout big multipliers on straight-up bets. A full explanation of the features of Lightning Roulette is below.
- Live Dealer European Roulette: The most popular version of Live Dealer European Roulette, it has 37 numbers on the Roulette wheel, with only one green 0. The house advantage for Live Dealer European Roulette is 2.70 percent, which also aids in its popularity.
- Live Dealer French Roulette: Live Dealer French Roulette is set up the same way as Live Dealer European Roulette in terms of the numbers and sequence on the Roulette wheel. However, on Live Dealer French Roulette tables that offer the La Partage Rule or the En Prison Rule, it can possibly shrink the house advantage to a mere 1.3 percent. The La Partage Rule allows you to recuperate half of your even money bet if the ball lands on green 0. If the En Prison Rule is in effect at the Live Dealer French Roulette table and the ball lands on green 0, your wager is left on the table for the next spin (kept in prison) instead of you losing your bet. Here is a French Roulette layout:
Online Live Dealer Roulette Rules
If you’re playing American Roulette, there are 38 spots with a Green 00. The numbers still alternate clockwise, but black and red starting with Black 28 and Red 9 after Green 0.
If you’re playing on a European Roulette, a French Roulette table, or playing Lightning Roulette, there are 37 spots on the Roulette wheel, as the numbers alternate red to black on a wheel numbered 1 to 36 with one Green 0 on the roulette wheel. The number sequence is as follows, alternating clockwise red to black starting with Red 32 and Black 15 after Green 0.
- Players make their wagers based on what number the ball will land on. You can read all about the multiple types of Roulette bets you can place in our How To Play Roulette guide. Places must click on the spots to denote their bets on the table with the chips they want to wager before the timer is up on the screen. The dealer will announce that all bets are closed and prepare to drop the ball into the spinning wheel.
- The ball is dropped into the spinning Roulette wheel and when the ball stops in a specific pocket, the winners are given their winnings immediately based on the payout table.
Live Dealer Roulette Strategy
Even though Roulette is mostly a game of luck since there’s no controlling the ball and where it will land on the wheel, there are plenty of ways to increase your chances of winning or maximizing your profits through these strategies.
#1 – Live Dealer European Roulette Has A Smaller House Advantage
With one less number on the Roulette wheel, Live Dealer European Roulette (and Live Dealer French Roulette) gives you a distinct advantage over Live Dealer American Roulette. The house edge shrinks to 2.7 percent compared to the 5.3 percent house advantage in American Roulette. That house edge can shrink even further if you play even money bets on Live Dealer French Roulette with En Prison or La Partage rules.
2# – Certain Bets In Live Roulette Give The House A Bigger Advantage
American Roulette already has a higher house advantage compared to European and French Roulette, but it grows even more when you place the top line or basket bet, which allows you to be on Green 0 and 00 as well as 1, 2, and 3.
European Roulette gives you a better house advantage to begin with, and French Roulette can amplify your advantage if you can take advantage of En Prison or La Partage rules that shrink the house edge further than the 2.7 percent standard.
#3 – Mixing Up Bets Is A Great Way To Win Repeatedly
Some people like to choose one number, one color, one group, and continually bet that same wager over and over again. That can get you on a pretty serious losing streak and you might grow tired of losing before you get the chance to make a profit. Most serious players like to mix up their bets to keep things fresh, and it usually keeps you from being emotionally drained from an extensive losing streak.
#4 – Live Dealer Roulette Systems Can Help Boost Your Profits
There are many Roulette strategy systems out there such as the Martingale system. Most of the strategies center around starting small and doubling your wagers after each loss. The Martingale system specifically has you return to the smallest wager after each win. You have to suffer through some losing streaks when you do use these systems, so using a system at all may not be something you want to use if you’re someone who plays with a lot of emotion. Thankfully with our guide and strategies, you can still profit without one.
#5 – Lightning Roulette Can Boost Your Straight-Up Bet Winnings With Huge Multipliers
Lightning Roulette is described below, but up to 5 numbers are chosen to have huge multipliers added to them for each round. If you place a straight-up bet and the ball lands on one of the Lightning numbers, you will win that multiplied payout. Because of the need to place straight up bets in order to take advantage of the multiplier, most of the strategy systems will not apply. Instead, what most people do as a “strategy” is to play every number. This covers every winning number so if the ball lands on one of the Lightning numbers, you can win big. However, you can also fall into a trap of continually losing and not being profitable enough to carry you through to a 500x multiplier victory.
Special Live Dealer Roulette Features
- Lightning Roulette: One of the most exciting innovations to come along to roulette is Live Dealer Lightning Roulette. Lightning Roulette is Live Dealer European Roulette but with a very profitable twist:
- Lightning Roulette gives you a chance to win up to a 500x multiplier on a specific number when placing a straight-up bet
- Before a ball lands in any of the numbered pockets, up to 5 numbers are randomly selected as “Lightning Numbers”, with multipliers of either 50x, 100x, 200x, 300x, 400x, or 500x attached to them.
- If the ball lands on one of the Lightning numbers and you bet that number, you win that table’s payout multiplied by the assigned bonus multiplier
- Pace Of Play: A big draw to live roulette is how expeditiously the games move. Betting times can vary between 15 seconds and 60 seconds, with most hovering around 30 seconds to keep the action fresh.
- Quality Dealer Interaction: A lot of roulette games offer the ability to chat directly with the dealer. Some Live Dealer Roulette games are run like game shows, so they don’t interact as much with the chatrooms. However, most greet you as you come in, answer any questions you have, and make you feel welcome, and give you reasons to stay at the table to give you a chance for big winnings.