Global Poker is a free online poker site where participants can win real money. It is available to residents in the United States and Canada with the exception of Washington State and Quebec.
Global Poker was launched in 2016 by VGW Holdings Limited, an Australian gaming company that also created the highly popular slots sweepstakes casino, Chumba Casino. The purpose behind creating Global Poker was to expand into the poker vertical of social gambling.
Just like sites like Chumba Casino and LuckyLand Slots, Global Poker also runs on the sweepstakes casino model, meaning that players can gain free Sweeps Cash that allows them to play for real money. For instance, a player can purchase a Gold Coins package and receive free Sweeps Cash as a bonus. They can use this Sweeps Cash to play poker against other players in hopes to accumulate more Sweeps Cash which they can then redeem for real money.
How Is Global Poker Legal?
Global Poker is legal due to its status as a sweepstakes promotions website rather than as an online gambling website. Its dual-currency model allows you to play the games for free or for real money. But the way to play for real money isn’t by depositing your own cash, but simply being rewarded Sweeps Cash through other methods such as Gold Coin purchases or promotional giveaways.
At a real money online casino, you would need to deposit funds into your account, which means you will be playing casino games with your own cash for a chance to win money. This difference is what allows Global Poker to be played in 49 out of 50 states in the US.
Is Global Poker Rigged
No, Global Poker is not rigged, but you may come across some stories online. You will also happen to find these type of rigged stories among many other major online poker sites that exist. These legal online poker sites have monetary and legal reasons to ensure their software isn't hacked or corrupted.
And since Global Poker operates legally in the United States, they must uphold to a certain regulatory standards. The company is regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority and their license is a promise to players that the game promotes fairness.Click Here To Get $20 In Free Sweeps Cash With Our Global Poker No Deposit Bonus!
Can You Play For Real Money On Global Poker
Yes, you can play for real money on Global Poker. But as mentioned earlier, this is done through obtaining free Sweeps Cash and not by depositing your own money.
How Do I Play Global Poker For Real Money
The way to play Global Poker for real money is by using the Sweeps Cash you receive from bonuses, promotions, or by purchasing Gold Coins. We will explain next how to get free Sweeps Cash. Also note, every $1 in Sweeps Cash can be redeemed for $1 USD.
Remember, Gold Coins hold no monetary value, so the only way to win real money is by accumulating Sweeps Cash. The way to do this is by playing and winning against real-life poker opponents. Just choose the game you want to play and get started. We will highlight the type of games on offer further down below.
How To Get Free Sweeps Cash On Global Poker
There are several ways you can receive free Sweeps Cash:
- Get $20 in Free Sweeps Cash with our Global Poker no deposit bonus simply by clicking this link
- Purchasing Gold Coins: Each Gold Coin package you purchase gives you free Sweeps Cash that can be used to play games for a chance to win real money.
- Giveaways on the Global Poker Facebook Page and Newsletter: Global Poker regularly runs giveaway contests on their Facebook page and Newsletter. The giveaways are free, so you can participate at no cost.
- Request By Mail: If you live in the U.S. or Canada, you can receive Sweeps Cash by sending a handwritten #10 envelope to the following addresses:
- VGW RMG LIMITED GLOBAL POKER SWEEPSTAKES DEPARTMENT
- PO BOX #8486 PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801
- VGW RMG LIMITED GLOBAL POKER SWEEPSTAKES DEPARTMENT
- PO BOX #990 135 WEST BEAVER CREEK ROAD, RICHMOND HILL, ONTARIO L4B 4R7
Games at Global Poker
Currently, Global Poker offers three games:
- Texas Hold'em: Each player receives two cards face-down and must make the best combination possible after five 'community cards' are dealt.
- Omaha: Like Texas Hold'em, except you start out with four cards instead of two. Each player must choose their two cards to make the best five-card combination from three of the five cards dealt on the community board.
- Crazy Pineapple: This format is similar to Texas Hold'em except layers receive three cards to begin. They then must discard a card after three cards are dealt on the community board. The rest of the game follows Hold'em rules.
Global Poker Rake Structure
Global Poker's rake is 5% across the board. However, the rake cap can vary anywhere from $0.75 to $4.00, depending on the blind amount and the number of players playing in the hand.
Is Global Poker Legit
Yes, Global Poker is legit. Thanks to its classification as a sweepstakes promotion rather than as a gaming website, it is legal in 49 states. Furthermore, their Malta license ensures fair play for everyone.
Global Poker Complaints
Two of the biggest Global Poker complaints seem to come from its dual-currency system and its payment processing. Players have expressed frustration over the complexity of the Gold Coins and Sweeps Cash system because it's different from other real money poker sites. One of our goals is to educate in order to limit this complaint. With real money online poker being so limited in the United States, it's important for people to know they do have options like Global Poker.
The other complaint is about payment processing. After Global Poker switched from PayPal to WorldPay, many players were used to using PayPal and felt there was loss of speed and efficiency when it came to withdraws. In saying that, players can still use credit and debit cards to make purchases (now up to four options), plus Skrill. For withdrawing, players can do bank transfers or Skrill, which is usually quick and efficient.