As Selection Sunday passes, NJ online sports betting players are left with a 68-team field and field infinite possibilities in filling out a bracket and making online sports betting picks. College basketball action starts up again Tuesday and Wednesday (March 19 & 20) with the First Four play-in games before the opening round of the NCAA Tournament begins on Thursday, March 21. What ensues is 48 games over four days, fully living up to the March Madness nickname.
The 2019 NCAA Tournament is broken down into following our regions (click region for odds and NCAA pick breakdown):
- East Region (Washington D.C.)
- West Region (Anaheim)
- Midwest Region (Kansas City)
- South Region (Louisville)
Now that the full 2019 NCAA Tournament bracket has been released, it’s up to NJ sports betting players to do the bracketology and figure out which teams will fare the best in March Madness. With the help of FanDuel Sportsbook, BonusSeeker is taking a deeper look at each region to identify the odds-on favorite to reach the Final Four, a potential sleeper prediction and a free NCAAB pick for which team makes it out of the Midwest region.
Seeding In The Midwest Region For The NCAA Tournament
- North Carolina - 16-2 record in ACC, lost to Duke in conference semifinals
- Kentucky - 15-3 in SEC, lost in conference title game
- Houston - American Athletic Conference regular-season champion
- Kansas - Lost in title game of Big 12 Tournament
- Auburn - SEC Tournament champion over Tennessee
- Iowa State - Big 12 Tournament champion over Kansas
- Wofford - Southern Conference regular-season & tournament champion
- Utah State - Mountain West Tournament champion
- Washington - Pac-12 regular-season champion
- Seton Hall - Lost in Big East championship game to top-seeded Villanova
- Ohio State - Big Ten at-large
- New Mexico St - Western Athletic Conference regular-season & conference champion
- Northeastern - Colonial Athletic Conference tournament champions
- Georgia State - Sun Belt Tournament champion
- Abilene Christian - Southland Tournament champion
- Iona - Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference regular-season and tournament champion
Odd-On Favorites In 2019 NCAA Tournament Midwest Region
The FanDuel Sportsbook app has North Carolina (+200) with the worst odds of any No. 1 seed to reach the Final Four on the FanDuel Sportsbook app. If looking at UNC for your March Madness NCAAB picks, note that they may need to go through SEC powerhouses in tournament champion Auburn (+1200) and then Kentucky (+250) in a potential Elite Eight matchup.
Midwest Region: Potential Sleeper NCAAB Pick
No. 6 Iowa State (+900): The Cyclones would have to potentially beat No. 3 Houston and No. 2 Kentucky en route to the Final Four, but NJ online sports betting players may be pulled in by the high payout on FanDuel Sportsbook. Especially considering Iowa State just beat Kansas for the Big 12 Tournament title.
NCAA Tournament Sports Betting Pick For Midwest Region
No. 1 North Carolina (+200): Getting plus money with the best team in the region is really all NJ online sports betting players can ask for. There is the potential for some tough matchups along the way beginning in the second round, but the Tar Heels are more than equipped to handle whatever is thrown at them. UNC over Kentucky for the March Madness sports betting pick to reach the Final Four.