The waiting for the 2019 NCAA Tournament bracket is nearly over now that Selection Sunday has passed, but NJ online sports betting players will have to take a short respite before the college basketball action gets back under way. The First Four begins Tuesday and Wednesday (March 19 & 20) before the opening round of the 2019 NCAA Tournament officially tips off on Thursday, March 21.
The 2019 NCAA Tournament is broken down into four regions (click region for odds and NCAA pick breakdown):
- East Region (Washington D.C.)
- West Region (Anaheim)
- Midwest Region (Kansas City)
- South Region (Louisville)
Since the entire bracket is now available in full and the first-round matchups are all set, NJ sportsbooks have release sports betting odds for the NCAA Tournament. With some guidance provided by FanDuel Sportsbook betting lines, BonusSeeker is separating the regions individually to get a good look at the odds-on favorite, a potential sleeper to reach the Final Four and our free NCAAB pick to cut down the nets from the South.
Seeding In The South Region Of The NCAA Tournament
- Virginia - Atlantic Coast Conference regular season champion
- Tennessee - Southeastern Conference finalist
- Purdue - Big Ten regular season co-champion
- Kansas State - Big 12 regular season co-champion
- Wisconsin - Big Ten at-large
- Villanova - Big East regular season & tournament champion
- Cincinnati - American Athletic Conference Tournament champion
- Ole Miss - Southeastern Conference at-large
- Oklahoma - Big 12 at-large
- Iowa - Big Ten at-large
- St. Mary’s - West Coast Conference Tournament champion
- Oregon - Pac-12 Conference Tournament champion
- UC Irvine - Big West regular season & conference tournament champion
- Old Dominion - Conference USA regular season & tournament champion
- Colgate - Patriot League regular season & tournament champion
- Gardner-Webb - Big South champion & first ever NCAA Tournament appearance
Odd-On Favorites In 2019 NCAA Tournament South Region
After mostly dominating the best conference in college basketball en route to an ACC regular-season title, Virginia (+110) is basically even money to make the Final Four out of the South Region. Online sports betting players will note the Cavaliers are out for revenge and appear to have a pretty easy road until a possible Elite Eight game with Tennessee (+250), Purdue (+700) or even Villanova (+1400).
South Region: Potential Sleeper NCAAB Pick
Oregon (+4400): If looking for online sports betting value in this region, look no further than the Ducks, who are peaking at the right time. They ran through the Pac-12 Tournament and are now favored as a No. 12 seed over No. 5 Wisconsin in the first round. If Oregon could somehow reach a third-round game with Virginia, they might be clicking enough offensively to bust some brackets. From there, anything can happen. Oregon to the Sweet 16 will likely be a popular NCAAB pick.
NCAA Tournament Sports Betting Pick For South Region
Tennessee (+250): Despite losing in the SEC championship game, Tennessee has done more than enough to prove it needs to be taken seriously as a 2019 NCAA Tournament favorite. The Volunteers held the No. 1 ranking for a long stretch of time and brought its game to every venue it went to when it traveled. There’s nothing this Tennessee team will see in the NCAA Tournament that will scare it, including a possible matchup with Virginia. I’m not sold that the Cavaliers can beat an in-form Tennessee, and I hope NJ online sports betting players get a chance to see that matchup.