March Madness is in full swing as Selection Sunday passes following conference tournaments, leaving college basketball fans with the 2019 NCAA Tournament bracket and all the NJ online sports betting possibilities that come along with it. The action starts up again Tuesday and Wednesday (March 19 & 20) with the First Four games ahead of the opening round of the NCAA Tournament, which starts March 21.
The 2019 NCAA Tournament is separated into four regions (click region for odds and NCAA pick breakdown):
- East Region (Washington D.C.)
- West Region (Anaheim)
- Midwest Region (Kansas City)
- South Region (Louisville)
With the entire bracket now available, the challenge posed to NJ online sport betting players is figuring out which teams to advance on the March Madness bracket. BonusSeeker has broken down the NCAA Tournament by region to dive a little deeper into the field with the assistance of the FanDuel Sportsbook app. We are looking at the NJ sportsbook favorite, a potential sleeper prediction and an NCAAB pick to reach the Final Four out of the West.
West Region Seeding For The 2019 NCAA Tournament
- Gonzaga - West Coast Conference regular season champions
- Michigan - Big Ten conference tournament finalist
- Texas Tech - Big 12 regular season co-champions
- Florida State - Lost in ACC title game to Duke
- Marquette - Big East at-large
- Buffalo - Mid-American Conference regular-season and tournament champions
- Nevada - Mountain West regular-season champions
- Syracuse - ACC at-large
- Baylor - Big 12 at-large
- Florida - SEC At-large
- Arizona State/St. John’s*
- Murray State - Ohio Valley Conference tournament champions
- Vermont - America East Conference regular season & tournament champions
- Northern Kentucky - Horizon League tournament champions
- Montana - Big Sky regular-season and tournament champions
- Fairleigh Dickinson/Prairie View A&M*
*Indicates First Four Game
Odd-On Favorites In 2019 NCAA Tournament West Region
Gonzaga (+155) lost in the WCC title game to St. Mary’s in stunning fashion, but remains the favorite to make it out as the No. 1 seed, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. It may have to contest with Big Ten power Michigan (+290) or Big 12 winner Texas Tech (+600) in the Elite Eight, and that’s only after a potential showdown with Florida State (+700). Despite a tough road, many online sports betting players will find it tough to bet against the Zags.
West Region: Potential Sleeper NCAAB Pick
Florida State (+700): It’s hard to call Florida State a sleeper since they just made NJ online sports betting players who backed them a whole lot of money in the ACC Tournament. Considering Gonzaga, Michigan, and Texas Tech in this region, however, the Seminoles are an underdog odds-wise. This team has the depth and athletes to match up with any team in the country, including Gonzaga, and we’re seeing them enter the NCAA Tournament hot.
NCAA Tournament Sports Betting Pick For West Region
Texas Tech (+600): There are plenty of appetizing odds on the FanDuel Sportsbook app, and in this region specifically. Gonzaga is the best team, but there is no value in picking them and they’ve just been exposed by a lesser WCC team. Texas Tech is a complete team similar to Florida State, but a notch above both offensively and defensively. I would expect the Seminoles to play Gonzaga before losing to our West Region March Madness pick, Texas Tech.