As the NFL season hits its second month, Daily Fantasy Sports action is increasing every week.
Plenty of players prefer to play DFS rather than traditional fantasy football for multiple reasons, including the chance to be paid instantly and to select a new team of NFL stars every single week as opposed to being stuck in a game for months at a time.
On top of that, new DFS players are able to come out ahead before even creating a lineup. Whether you sign up for DraftKings or FanDuel, you have the chance to create lineups using their money rather than your own!
Best DFS Bonus Codes:
Before you build your team, take a look at our suggestions for your NFL DFS lineup for Week 5.
Daily Fantasy Sports: How To Play DraftKings
One of the first questions newcomers to Daily Fantasy Sports sites have is, how does DraftKings work?
Players also have the option of choosing from hundreds of different fantasy games, narrowing down options by preferences such as experience level, game style, contest type, entry fees, and prizes. Below are examples of game styles for DraftKings NFL daily fantasy lineups:
For Week 5, we are building another classic lineup on DraftKings, which features a nine-player roster to be fit under the $50,000 salary cap. There are also several options regarding which games and players will be eligible for your lineup, which are listed below:
- Sunday: 1 PM - 12 Games (All games played before primetime)
- Sunday: 1 PM - 10 Games (Early games only)
- Sunday: 1 PM - 14 Games (All Sunday and Monday games)
- Sunday: 4 PM: 2 Games (Late kickoffs only)
We'll feature our Week 5 DFS picks in two separate classic game lineups, but keep reading to see the top options at each position on the DraftKings DFS app!
DraftKings NFL Lineup Week 5
We've gone through each position on our roster looking for the best team our $50,000 salary cap can buy and have constructed two lineups. Each features the thinking behind the pick, followed by rankings of the top players at each position this week.
NFL Daily Fantasy Lineup Week 5: Texans Stars Lead The Way
- QB Deshaun Watson (HOU, $6,700) - The Falcons can't rush the passer, which means Watson won't be running for his life this week and Houston may actually score a little bit.
- RB James White (NE, $5,000) - The Pats' offense struggled last week, but White still caught eight balls out of the backfield. His inclusion helps fit stars elsewhere on the roster.
- RB Wayne Gallman (NYG, $5,400) - Gallman crushed it last week with nearly 120 yards from scrimmage and two TDs while filling in for Saquon Barkley, who remains injured.
- WR DeAndre Hopkins (HOU,$7,800) - Hopkins should find some space against an Atlanta team that struggles to get to the QB, giving Watson time to find his favorite option.
- WR Adam Thielen (MIN, $6,700) - Thielen caught two passes for six yards last week but is primed to see tons of action after public complaints about his team's offense.
- WR Courtland Sutton (DEN, $4,900) - Sutton is in the process of breaking out after catching two TDs last week and going for 87 yards the week before.
- TE Austin Hooper (ATL, $4,500) - After two big games in a row from Hooper, we'll trust him to keep things going as Matt Ryan's safety net against a strong Houston defense.
- TE Zach Ertz (PHI, $6,000) - Ertz is the top-ranked TE this week and for good reason, since the Jets are thin at linebacker and have trouble guarding the position.
- DEF Tennessee Titans ($3,000) - It's looking more and more like bills QB Josh Allen either won't play or won't be himself on Sunday. This makes Tennessee a solid bargain.
Located in New Jersey or PA and want to bet on sports? Get Up to $1,000 Risk-FREE Bet At PointsBet NJ today! If you're in neighboring Pennsylvania, Receive A Deposit Match Up To $250 FREE At SugarHouse PA!
NFL Daily Fantasy Lineup Week 5: Finding Value At QB, WR
- QB Kirk Cousins (MIN, $5,300) - If looking to save money at QB, look no further. Minnesota should finally open up the passing game after frustrations about the offense boiled over this week.
- RB Alvin Kamara (NO, $8,600) - The Bucs' defense gives up chunks of yardage like it's nothing, and Kamara gobbles up yards the same way. This is a matchup made in heaven this week.
- RB Le'Veon Bell (NYJ, $6,800) - Bell gets very little help on offense with the Jets, but the hopeful return of QB Sam Darnold should help boost his production starting this week.
- WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling (GB, $5,600) - Davante Adams is likely to be hampered in some way, leaving MVS as one of Aaron Rodgers' top options in Dallas.
- WR Sterling Shepard (NYG, $5,800) - The Giants face a tough Minnesota defense, but Sghepart remains the No. 1 receiving option for Daniel Jones.
- WR DJ Chark Jr. (JAX, $5,000) - We need another cost-effective option, and Chark has found the endzone three times already while playing with Gardner Minshew.
- TE Zach Ertz (PHI, $6,000) - Ertz fit perfectly into our FLEX spot in our other lineup, but we like him enough to include as our tight end here as well. After all, he's got a mismatch going against the Jets at home.
- FLEX Will Fuller V (HOU, $4,500) - He was our last selection for this team, so the price was right. Fuller has seen at least six targets in every game so far this season.
- DEF Green Bay Packers ($2,400) - Green Bay's defense (minus Week 4) has been impressive to this point, and a low-scoring game with Dallas wouldn't be all that surprising.
NFL Week 5 DFS Rankings At DraftKings
While the salary cap doesn't allow players to build a DFS lineup filled entirely with stars, there's definitely room on your roster for several top-tier guys. Check out the top five Week 5 DFS lineup options at each position among active and eligible players, ordered by their cost on the DraftKings NJ app.
Quarterback: Lamar Jackson (BAL, $7,100), Deshaun Watson (HOU, $6,700), Tom Brady (NE, $6,500), Kyler Murray (ARI, $6,300), Jameis Winston (TB, $6,200)
Running Back: Christian McCaffrey (CAR, $8,700), Alvin Kamara (NO, $8,600), Dalvin Cook (MIN, $8,400), Ezekiel Elliot (DAL, $8,300), David Johnson (ARI, $7,500)
Wide Receiver: DeAndre Hopkins (HOU, $7,800), Julio Jones (ATL, $7,700), Davante Adams (GB, $7,600), Keenan Allen (LAC, $7,300), Mike Evans (TB, $7,100)
Tight End: Zach Ertz (PHI, $6,000), Evan Engram (NYG, $5,800), Darren Waller (OAK, $5,000), Mark Andrews (BAL, $4,800), Austin Hooper (ATL, $4,500)
In addition to being among the best sportsbooks and top real money casinos in NJ, the DraftKings DFS app offers a generous welcome bonus for new players. Sign up today and Select Your NFL Week 5 DFS Lineup At DraftKings!