With another full slate of NFL action on Sunday, it's time for our free Week 9 DFS picks!
Keep in mind that those new to Daily Fantasy Sports don't even need to use their own money in order to begin playing. By signing up for an account at DraftKings or FanDuel, you can start building lineups and entering contests by using bonuses provided by the site!
Best DFS Bonus Codes:
Daily Fantasy Sports: How To Play DFS
On the DraftKings DFS app, players can choose from hundreds of fantasy contests with ranging game styles, experience levels, contest types, entry fees, and prizes to help narrow down the options. Here are examples of game styles offered for NFL games:
Since the Week 9 NFL schedule varies throughout the day, there are also a number of scheduling options to determine which games and players will be eligible for your lineup:
- Sunday 1 PM - 10 Games (All 1 PM & 4 PM Games)
- Sunday 1 PM - 12 Games (All Sunday and Monday Games)
- Sunday 1 PM - 6 Games (Early Only)
- Sunday 4 PM - 4 Games (Afternoon Only)
- Sunday 4:25 PM - 2 Games (Afternoon Turbo)
We are using the 10 games kicking off on Sunday afternoon and building two classic lineups, which would cover the large majority of contests. Each team features a nine-player roster to be fit under the $50,000 salary cap, which is an average salary of $5,556 per player.
NFL Week 9 DraftKings Lineup
There are fewer options to choose from because there are only 10 games in this window as opposed to 12 in some other weeks, but we still were able to combine our research with suggestions from the DraftKings lineup optimizer to fill out our rosters.
NFL Week 9 DFS Lineup: Trusting In Stafford (Again), Godwin
- QB Matthew Stafford (DET, $6,800) - Stafford has seven scores in his last two games continues to put together one of the best seasons of any QB in the league while Oakland's pass defense is bottom of the barrel. This is an easy play to go back to after last week's picks.
- RB Nick Chubb (CLE, $7,300) - Chubb has done over 100 yards rushing in three of the last four games and Cleveland's offense is likely to continue riding their bell-cow back with Baker Mayfield and the passing game struggling.
- RB David Montgomery (CHI, $5,200) - This is probably the only Bears player I'd be willing to put a DFS team as it currently stands. After 135 yards last week and facing a so-so run defense, expect more of Montgomery against the Eagles.
- WR Chris Godwin (TB, $7,300) - Godwin gave way to Mike Evans in terms of production last week but still saw eight targets. He's having a monster season and is matched up for success this week against Seattle's secondary.
- WR Robby Anderson (NYJ, $6,000) - The struggling Jets' offense may actually do a little damage this week against Miami, and Anderson is a bonafide deep-threat that Sam Darnold will look to find against the worst pass defense in the NFL.
- WR Juju Smith-Schuster (PIT, $6,300) - The Steelers' offense thrives when it runs the ball, but Smith-Schuster still managed 103 yards and a score in Week 8. For Pittsburgh to beat Miami and Mason Rudolph will need to throw in order to beat Indianapolis.
- TE Zach Ertz (PHI, $4,700) - Ertz has been outperformed by Dallas Goedert for weeks now but this is an extra thin position this week and it's only a matter of time until one of the league's best at the position gets back on track, even if the matchup isn't ideal.
- FLEX Cole Beasley (BUF, $4,100) - Beasley is a reliable target who has scored touchdowns in back-to-back games and has a positive matchup against Washington
- DEF Carolina Panthers ($2,800) - Coming off a brutal showing last week, we like Carolina's defense to bounce back at home against a mediocre Titans offense at a good price.
Keep in mind that DraftKings is also one of the more successful online casinos in NJ in addition to being one of the major betting sites and one of the biggest names in DFS. No matter how you want to wager, DraftKings has you covered!
NFL Week 9 DFS Lineup: Riding With Packers Offense
- QB Aaron Rodgers (GB, $6,900) - Rodgers' MVP season is in full swing and he's totaled over 700 yards with eight touchdown throws in the past two contests. The Chargers are a decent pass defense, but Davante Adams may be back this week.
- RB Jamaal Williams (GB, $5,900) - In case Green Bay does choose to attack Los Angeles on the ground, Jamaal Williams is in a great spot here. He's also caught at least three passes in each of the last three games.
- RB Le'Veon Bell (NYJ, $7,700) - Between bad QB play and blocking from the offensive line, Bell hasn't had much of a chance to break out. That could finally change this week in Miami, where the Jets are going to feed him the ball.
- WR Tyler Lockett (SEA, $7,500) - Seattle may like to run the ball, but Russell Wilson also loves finding Lockett once the field opens up. Against a stiff run defense in Tampa Bay, the Seahawks may have to throw it more than usual and Lockett should benefit from it.
- WR D.J. Moore (CAR, $4,800) - Moore's production doesn't warrant too many DFS selections, but he's getting more than enough targets to put up some points if the Panthers' passing offense can execute a little bit.
- WR DeVante Parker (MIA, $4,400) - A Dolphins wide receiver? Really? I know, but look, Parker comes at a low cost against a porous Jets pass defense and has seen 18 targets in the past two games from Ryan Fitzpatrick. Give him a shot if you're out of money.
- TE Hunter Henry (LAC, $6,000) - Tight end is a thin position but Henry is one of the best, quickly becoming a favorite target of Philip Rivers since returning from injury in Week 6.
- FLEX Danny Amendola (DET, $4,700) - Amendola has eight grabs in each of the past two games and 200 total yards. If he continues seeing as many targets from Stafford as he has recently, this could be one of the better value plays of the weekend.
- DEF Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($2,100) - This is by no means a strong overall defense, but because the Bucs defend what Seattle does so well (running the ball), perhaps they can be a serviceable play this week.