Among the most commonly bet types for all sports including the NFL are parlays, which have increased in popularity with the growth of online betting sites. Platforms like FanDuel incentivizes players to take a shot with these low-risk, high-reward wagers by offering promotions around them and a large supply of parlay betting options for each NFL game.
We have crafted several of these bets and are offering out NFL picks and parlays for Week 2!
NFL Week 2 Parlay Picks And Predictions
After exploring NFL betting odds at from FanDuel NJ, we have assembled what we consider the best parlay bets this week, including a bet that features all favorites and another that takes advantage of some prop markets available at most of the top online sportsbooks.
Best NFL Parlay Week 2
This early in the season, putting together lucrative parlays is difficult, but after scouring the Week 2 NFL schedule we've found three games to combine for our free parlay picks.
- Packers -2.5 (-115): Green Bay got an extra three days of rest and preparation for the Vikings in the home opener at Lambeau and we favor Aaron Rodgers.
- Bears ML (-138): Chicago needs to get its offense going and Denver's defense wasn't as fearsome as expected in Week 1. The Broncos couldn't score on Oakland, how will they fare versus the Bears?
- Bills/Giants Over 43.5 Points (-120): Don't be fooled by last week's scores. This total is starting to see sharp action on the over and we get a great number at 43.5
At +491 odds, this parlay offers a decent payout for three very winnable sides. It also separates two 1pm games and a 4pm game, so you know where to stand going into the later part of the day.
Week 2 Parlay Using Favorites
Let's say you're unsure about spreads and you want to stick with taking moneylines of teams you believe will win Below is a three-team Week 2 NFL parlay made up of some of the larger favorites.
- Cowboys ML (-245)
- Texans ML (-410)
- Chiefs ML (-300)
These teams are all pretty large favorites at FanDuel PA, so the odds on this aren't so great at +134. With that said, all three teams should be able to get by with wins and hopefully with relative ease, although all three do face divisional opponents.
Week 2 Parlay With Alternate Lines And Props
FanDuel has remained one of the top sports betting sites in NJ because of the experience it offers, which includes a wide range of betting markets. Parlays are a favorite among bettors, so the site allows various types of bets to be included in them. That means many prop markets and alternate lines/totals can be included in a parlay as well. Below are three alternate lines/props we are grouping together to build our final Week 2 NFL parlay:
- Cowboys Win By 1-13 Points (+135): Dallas is primed for a 2-0 start, but it won't be another blowout win over an NFC East rival. We are trading in a valueless moneyline for plus-money so long as Washington keeps it within 13 points.
- Packers ML and Under 51.5 (+115): The Packers get the nod at home with 10 days between games, and we've added seven points to the total and gone under with this moneyline/alternate total parlay,
- Texans -2.5 (-320): This is an alternate spread where we shave several points off Houston's line in a game that could be deceptively close.
Thanks to the first two lines of this bet being strong, we were able to mix in a larger favorite to round out the wager. Sure, odds aren't as high as they could be, but the bet is also safer for it. At +721, the payout is still nothing to complain about, making these lesser-known markets important to finding value and getting the lines you want in a parlay.
NFL Parlay Tips
- Consider Side/Total Correlation
If you've got a great read on a game, attempt to find an angle on a side and the total to increase value for yourself. Parlays combining lines and totals are offered at many of the top NJ sportsbooks, as wager with alternate odds and over-unders.
- Mix In Larger Favorites
Payouts increase with the inclusion of underdogs and additional teams. Underdog moneyline odds always give a huge boost to the payout, but sometimes it's safer and still effective to increase your payout by mixing favorites into an existing parlay to give the bet extra teams, and yourself a (hopefully) easy win.
- Small Parlays Are Okay, Too
You don't always need to go for the huge payout with a five, six, or 10-team parlays if you don't like that many sides. Two or three teams is perfectly fine and even preferred sometimes since they're less difficult to win. We like to say parlays are low-risk bets, but the parlay strategy becomes a losing one without picking your spots and not forcing teams and odds just because the payout is sweeter.
What Is an NFL Parlay Bet?
A parlay bet is a wager in which bettors can combine several selections into one bet in exchange for increased odds and a larger payout. Below is an explanation from FanDuel Sportsbook NJ about parlays on their platform: