Christmas has officially come early for NJ sports bettors as PointsBet NJ Sportsbook has started its soft launch on Tuesday, Dec. 11, in the Garden State. Joining the NJ sports betting market, PointsBet NJ brings sports betting innovation, while having famous athletes such as Allen Iverson and Darrelle Revis be the company’s spokesperson.
PointsBet NJ is originally an Australia-based sportsbook that is now partnered with Meadowlands Racetrack. As they begin, the launch is being referred to as “soft play” by the DGE, and only operates online in New Jersey.
This launch makes PointsBet the ninth New Jersey mobile sportsbook operator.
Points Betting Offers A New Way To Play
The PointsBet app may need time to get up to full functionality, and betting markets will be limited. However, once the company fully arrives, we can expect the same kind of innovation we saw in Australia, including PointsBet’s signature “Points Betting.” Not offered by any other sportsbook, PointsBet delivers this new and innovative way to bet on sports.
Points Betting is broken down like this:
- If your bet wins by one point (or unit,) you would win 1 x your bet amount (stake)
- If your bet wins by 2 units, you win 2 x stake. If your bet wins by 10 units, you win 10 x stake. Conversely if you lose by 1 unit, you would lose 1 x stake
- Lose by 10 units, lose 10 x stake
PointsBet Online Sports Betting Types
And it isn’t only “Points Betting,” PointsBet NJ should have all the standard betting options as other sportsbook operators. Expect the following wager types:
- Points Betting: Picking the exact margin of a sporting contest. The more correct you are, the more you win, but the less correct you are, the more you lose.
- Fixed Odds: Normal fixed odds betting on racing and sporting events.
- Exotic Bet and Tote Odds: Pointsbet offers win, place, quinella, trifecta, first four, doubles and quaddies on all racing codes.
- Variety of Wagers and Prop Bets: We expect to see “Pick Your Own Line,” “First Team To Score” and “To Win The Coin Toss” type of wagers and prop bets.
- Parlays and Multi Bets: Cumulative bets and combining a series of single bets into one bet should be present.
It remains to be seen if PointsBet will have in-game betting, but that featured should arrive at some point, if not at initial launch.
Meadowlands NJ sports betting family grows
PointsBet will become the second sports betting operator used by Meadowlands. The NJ racetrack already has a parternship with FanDuel Sportsbook, and has now added PointsBet as a second skin.
Meadowlands has generated almost $10 million in revenue through October. FanDuel Sportsbook, which went live in September, has reported over $5 million in revenue, second to DraftKings Sportsbook.
PointsBet and its innovative “Points Betting” feature plans to make big gains in the NJ sports betting market.