Can I Bet On Sports Online In Wyoming?
Yes, a Wyoming mobile betting bill was signed into law in April 2021 by Governor Mark Gordon. By year’s end, those inside the Equality State will have a access to a huge range of online betting markets.
Where Can I Place A Bet In Wyoming?
Wyoming is one of the few places where mobile sports betting is legal and untethered to land-based gambling at retail sportsbooks. Wyoming became the second state behind Tennessee to pass legislation for an online-only format, so the only way to wager on sports would be to download one of the apps listed on this page. As sports betting gets closer to lauching
How Do Sports Betting Signup Offers Work?
One way that sportsbooks stand out from one another is by offering sports betting signup bonuses.
These are welcome gifts offered to new players during the registration process as an incentive, and they help put bettors ahead of the game from the very beginning. They aren’t as common in states where the lottery runs betting due to the lack of competition but in states with several operators, these offers are a huge hit.
There are three main bonus offers of which you need to be aware, and all are generous in their own way. Chances are good that if you are receiving a signup bonus, it is one of the three we will detail below.
First Deposit Offer
First-time depositors are always rewarded at online sportsbooks and it comes in the form of a deposit match bonus, which involves the site matching your investment up to a predetermined percentage in site credit.
For example, let’s say you are a new player being offered a 100% deposit match bonus up to $500. If you deposit the maximum $500, you will receive another $500 in site credit, giving you a grand total of $1,000 in eligible funds.
There are generally wagering requirements that must be met before winnings from a bonus can be withdrawn, so read all terms and conditions before signing up.
No Deposit Offer
A no deposit bonus is awarded just for a new customer completing the signup process, and it requires no investment into the site. Once the account is created, the free bet or site credit will be added to your balance.
No deposit bonuses are generally small (between $20 and $50) but they are essentially free money and that can only mean good things. These bonuses can be few and far between at online sportsbooks but if you see one, be sure to consider it.
If you’re looking to protect your money with some insurance, a risk-free bet could be for you. This involves the sportsbook pays back a bettor’s very first wager in site credit up to a certain amount if it loses.
All you need to do is sign up, deposit, and place that initial wager. If it comes up short, you can bank on being reimbursed. This allows bettors to take a shot at a huge payout from the very beginning, knowing the worst possible outcome is to get another chance with the site credit.
How To Sign Up For A Sports Betting Site?
Once you decide which bonus you’re looking to claim, the next step is to identify which sportsbook offers it and start the signup process. There are three ways to begin the registration process and ensure you receive your bonus:
- Click the ‘Get Bonus’ widget next to the sportsbook of your choice on this page.
- Click on one of our sportsbook links that exist around the site.
- Go directly through the sportsbook website but make sure you use one of our promo codes (found on this page) to enter during signup.
However you reach the registration page, you’re now ready to sign up and claim your bonus before you start your betting journey. Follow these steps to get yourself set up:
- Fill out all required fields (name, address, email, etc.). If you reached the site on your own, this is where you can plug in one of our promo codes.
- Upload photo ID or any other document that will verify your identity.
- Agree to all terms of service and hit submit, which completes the process and triggers your bonus. You will also be sent an email confirmation for your records.
- Click ‘Deposit’ and choose a banking method before entering the amount you wish to deposit. If receiving a deposit match bonus, both your money and the bonus will appear in your account
- Begin placing wagers!
How To Fund Your Betting Account
One advantage of having an online sportsbook is that making financial transactions is a very easy thing to do. Whether you’re taking money out or putting money in, the process is completed with a few steps in minimal time.
Sportsbook Deposit Process
Bettors will find that depositing funds into a sportsbook account is an incredibly easy thing to do, and they can be filling out bet slips in just a matter of moment after following these steps:
- Locate and click on the ‘Deposit’ or ‘Add funds’ button. This will be easily found next to your balance on most sites, or it may be located in the Account section of the app or site.
- Select your preferred banking method.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit. If you prefer banking methods like PayPal or any other third-party service, you will be redirected to a safe page where you will need to enter your password to complete the transaction.
- Once finished, your account balance will reflect the change and you will receive an email notification to verify the transaction.
Sportsbook Withdrawal Process
Just like deposits, withdrawing funds from your online sportsbook account is relatively easy and painless. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Head over to the account section of your desired app or site and locate the withdrawal button.
- From the selection of withdrawal methods on offer, pick the one you wish to use.
- Enter the withdrawal amount. Third-party payment services like PayPal will require that you give authorization first. Type in your password when prompted to complete the transaction.
- Your account balance will be debited with the withdrawal amount and a confirmation is sent to your email address.
Online Sportsbook Payment Options
There are many perks to betting in online sportsbooks. There are bonuses up for grabs, attractive odds across numerous markets, and tons of options when it comes to banking methods. Whether putting money in or taking some out, the customer has plenty of choices and is sure to find a method that works for them.
Sportsbook Deposit Options
Every online sportsbook has a range of options for depositing into your account. These far exceed anything you can find in brick-and-mortar establishments, where your main mode of payment is cash. Some deposit methods you can expect to find includes:
- Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Discover)
- Prepaid Cards
- Play+ Prepaid Cards (site branded)
For most of these options including debit/credit, prepaid cards (Play+), and eWallets (PayPal/Skrill), there are no fees required. Deposits are also processed instantly, so you can be betting within a matter of moments.
Keep in mind that if you wish to withdraw using an eWallet (PayPal/Skrill), you will need to use the same method for your deposits.
Sportsbook Withdrawal Options
Withdrawing your winnings in online sports betting sites is also easy thanks to the numerous payment methods at your disposal. Granted, there are fewer options available for withdrawals than deposits, but these are more than adequate for any transactions you may wish to perform. Some of your withdrawal options are listed below:
- Play+ Prepaid Cards
- Check By Mail
- Cash At Casino Cage
The above withdrawal options are free of charges and each begins processing your transaction instantly, with the exception of getting cash from the casino cage.
When using Play+ cards, withdrawals to the card take place instantly but transfers to a bank will take one to three days. Withdrawing from your Play+ card at an ATM also comes with a small fee, but withdrawing from the sportsbook to it is free.
Most PayPal and Skrill transactions take 24 to 48 hours but on many occasions, the sportsbook will send an email in less than a day that your funds have arrived in your eWallet account.
Sports Betting Apps
Gambling on sports is proving to be an activity many in the United States enjoy, and sports betting applications have made it easier than ever.
Placing bets via an app is the easiest way to do things and it offers a level of convenience that cannot be matched. And there’s no drawback compared to using a desktop computer since all the same markets can be found on an app and are available with just one touch.
Bettors will also be able to find an application compatible with their device, regardless of which one they use.
Can I Bet On Sports With My iPhone or other iOS devices?
Yes, you will be able to use your iPhone to bet using Wyoming sports betting apps. You can use any iOS-powered device, as long as you are connected to the internet or within reach of a stable Wi-Fi signal.
Can I Bet On Sports With My Android Phone or Tablet?
Yes, Android users will also be able to bet on their tablets and smartphones. For the best experience, it is advisable that your device should be running on the latest Android version.
How To Download Sportsbook Apps On iPhone
Downloading sportsbook apps onto your iPhone is a simple process and even new players who have never placed a bet before will not struggle. Just follow our step-by-step guide below, and you will be up and running in no time.
- You need to find your way to the AppStore. You can either do this manually or by using the link on the sportsbook homepage.
- Whichever way you get there, type the name of your desired sportsbook in the search bar.
- When you find it, download the app to your iPhone and wait for it to install. The entire process should take no more than a couple of minutes.
How To Download Sportsbook Apps On Android
Downloading the Android app is slightly different, as the Google Play Store does not offer real money gambling apps. Luckily, sportsbook operators have provided bettors with a simple workaround that you can use to get the app on your phone.
- In your browser, visit the sportsbook homepage and locate the ‘Download for Android’ thumbnail. In most cases, you will find this in the footer section of the homepage.
- Download the sportsbook APK file onto your phone and initiate the installation process.
- If you have not done so already, you need to allow your device to install applications from unknown sources.
- Allow for a few seconds for the installation to complete.
- Your new sportsbook app thumbnail will be automatically added to your home screen, and from there, you can wager.
Which Sports Can I Bet On In Wyoming?
As is the case in every state where wagering is legal, online sportsbooks offer a huge range of sports and leagues to wager on. Regardless of what you’re a fan of, there will surely be an option for every type of bettor out there. The list of sports available to choose from includes but is not limited to the following:
- Football ( NFL, NCAA)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAA, & more)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL, KHL, & more)
- Golf (PGA, LPGA, European Tour)
- Soccer (EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, MLS, & more)
- Motorsports (NASCAR, Formula 1)
- Tennis (ATP, WTA)
Even though Wyoming isn’t a hugely populous state, it does have many college sports fans. It’s unknown whether odds for in-state programs such as the Wyoming Cowboys will be offered. In other states including New Jersey, in-state teams are off limits. Either way, plenty of choices surrounding NCAA football and basketball are sure to be included among the options.
Land Based Sportsbooks vs. Online Sportsbooks
We aren’t looking to knock land-based sportsbooks, but there’s little debate these days that wagering online comes with certain benefits that can’t really be matched by an in-person venue.
The very first thing is the convenience factor, which comes into play when you can wager from a location of your choice rather than having to travel. Here are a few of the pluses that online sportsbooks feature in comparison to their lasn-based counterparts:
- Wager from any in-state location
- Welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions
- Many banking options to choose from
- More betting markets
- Live betting is much easier
Legal Sports Betting vs. Illegal Offshore Sports Betting
Offshore sites have been popular in the past but bettors would do well to educate themselves on the differences between the unreliable sites and legal, regulated sportsbooks.
The truth is that offshore sportsbooks operate in another country to circumvent the rules that stateside betting sites are bound to. There is no governing body or oversight for these websites, which can lead to bettors getting scammed.
There’s a reason why many mainstream banks don’t approve credit card transactions to these sites, and it’s because it would technically be in violation of the law. And when cards are accepted, deposits generally come with outrageous fees. Many bettors also don’t realize that their personal information, as well as their banking information, is at serious risk because these are unsecured sites.
Here are some of the negatives of offshore betting compared to using legal online sportsbooks:
- No welcome bonuses or ongoing promotions.
- Very few withdrawal options. Some might even require cryptocurrency.
- Many banks restrict users from depositing to offshore sites. The few that accept such transactions will slap high fees on those deposits.
- No customer service.
- There isn’t any guarantee that you’ll receive your winnings.
Wyoming Sports Betting Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Have To Live In Wyoming To Bet Online?
No, you do not need to live in Wyoming to bet online. You do, however, need to be within state lines for you to wager. Sportsbooks use geolocation technology to pinpoint the whereabouts of all participants to ensure they are in the legal betting range.
Can I Win Real Money At A Wyoming Sportsbook?
Yes, you can. Once betting operations commence, you’ll be able to win and withdraw real money from your sportsbook account in Wyoming.
What Is The Legal Gambling Age In Wyoming?
The legal gambling age in Wyoming is 18 years old. This applies to both playing games in tribal casinos and also purchasing lottery tickets. This is also the age proposed for sports betting in the new bill.
Are Wyoming Online Sportsbooks Safe?
Yes, Wyoming sportsbooks will be safe. Like in other jurisdictions in the United States which have legalized sports betting all sites will be regulated. The legislation on the table empowers the Wyoming Gaming Control Board to oversee all betting operations.
What Is Sports Betting Handle?
The sports betting handle is the total amount of all the bets in a sportsbook for a given period or event. It is used as a measure to determine the public interest in that particular event. Every sportsbook keeps track of handle and it could be broken down into figures for a specific sport, season, or period of time.